Skip to main content

Goten and Future Trunks DBS Ep67

If you haven't seen Dragon Super Ep 67, you should watch it first then read my rant, or you can just read my rant. Your choose~

Anyway, so Episode 67 the episode after Trunks actually slices Zamasu and Black Goku. Remind you of Dragon Ball Z when he sliced Freeza? Then the Future gets all weird and dark as the gang is taken to a Future dark and the sky with face of Zamasu.  Goku finds a way to fix it by calling Zeno, Ruler of All Universe, to take care of it.  Goku and the gang time traveled back to the present.  

The main thing that I was so excited about Future Trunks being in DBS is that hopefully he will meet Goten, who looks like a Mini Goku and is Kid Trunk's Best Friend. So excited for that interaction, but....

We see Vegeta reunited with Kid Trunks and Goku with Goten.  I thought once Future Trunks gets off the Time Machine this would be a perfect chance for Future Trunks to see Goten, but No! Future Trunks interactions with Kid Trunks and Kid Mai, which I know they were the main kids since the show was pushing Future Trunks and Future Mai together.  Which is kind of weird if you really think how out Mai really is in the Future since Kid Mai is actually an Older Mai inside. 

Back to the main topic, so the scene continues with Goten on Goku's shoulder.  No interaction from Future Trunks about Goten looking like Goku.  Then Beerus and Whis enter the scene with more talking.  Then the scene changes with Goku taking Future Trunks back to the Future to see Zeno! Nothing happens between Future Trunks and Goten in that scene.  I though I'll see it later, so as I continue watching it's more of Future Trunks' future and etc.  We see everyone having a dinner at the Brief's house.  No interaction between Future Trunks and Goten.

THEN! Then! Towards the end of the Episode! A scene appears where Goten asked if Future Trunks is leaving. Future Trunks says yes and for Goten to take care...........That's it!!Nothing more!! Then we have an emotional scene of the hardships that Future Trunks went through his time in the series.  I got emotional at that part since I watched his arc in DB and the movies about Future Trunks' History.  Future Trunks leaves with Future Mai to live a happy life in the future, probably not coming back since Future Trunks broke the rule about Time Traveling.

So. That was it. Future Trunks' and Goten's interaction that we were able to see were only a few seconds.  That upset me since I was looking so forward to more interactions between them.  I mean, Future Trunks interacted with Baby Pan more than he did with Goten.  I thought we would see more since Goten isn't in Future Trunks' timeline.

Goten is one of my favorite characters in the show, and he doesn't have that much screen time compare to the other characters I feel.  For future DBS episodes, I hope to see Goten shine more and for people to see his strength.  I know there are some saying that Goten does care and understand about his Father's love for fighting, but that his love for fighting isn't the same as Goten.  In DB GT, he was overshadowed also, so I really hope to see more Goten in upcoming episodes that focus on him since Kid Trunks and Baby Pan got some.  But maybe they are getting more spotlight since they were the Main Characters in DB GT.  I'm not really sure, but yeah.

Sorry about my rant.  I know that the arc of defeating Zamasu and Black Goku was more important than the interaction between Goten and Future Trunks, but I feel like it would be interesting to see them interact more.

Do you feel the same way? Or do you have something else about Dragon Ball Super that you want to rant about? Please leave a comment down below! I'd be happy to read them.^_^

Dragon Ball Series was a huge part of my childhood, so even though I'm older I still have a soft spot for the series~  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy' (2017)

A sequel to the beloved puzzle game, Professor Layton series, 'Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy' focuses on Professor Layton's daughter, Katrielle, as she starts her own detective agency to solve the mystery of the world, and to also find her lost father, Hershel Layton. It's been 3 years since the last Professor Layton game been released, not including the spin-offs. For more information of the Professor Layton game series please check out my post about it:  Professor Layton: Perfect Game Series for Puzzle Lovers For a short description, Layton series are well known for solving interesting puzzles and mysteries for gameplay. It's a fun game if you like puzzles or relaxing, but still interesting story lines.

'Incredibles 2' (2018)

Genre: Action and Adventure Director: Brad Bird Writers: Brad Bird Editor: Stephen Schaffer Music by: Michael Giacchino Rated: PG Roles are switched as Bob takes care of the kids while Helen works to make heroes legal again. --------------------------------------------------CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS--------------------------------------------------------

'My Hero Academia: Two Heroes/僕のヒーローアカデミアTHE MOVIE〜2人のヒーロー'(2018)

Genre: Animation, Action, & Comedy Director: Kenji Nagasaki Writers: (Manga) Kouhei Horikoshi, (Screenplay) Yousuke Kuroda Cinematography: Makoto Ikegami Editor: Kumiko Sakamoto Studios: Bones Rated: Not Rated (PG~PG-13)          All Might receives an invitation to an island called I-Expo, where an exhibit about Quirk Abilities and Hero Item gadgets. Of course, All Might bring Deku for the event and there, Deku meets All Might’s good friend and his daughter, Dave and Melissa. Before the opening day, villains hack the island under their control. With All Might in a pinch, Deku with the help of his classmates and Melissa work together to save the island and All Might. --------------------------------------------------CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS--------------------------------------------------------          Studio Bones did it with an amazing movie, ‘My Hero Academia: Two Heroes/僕のヒーローアカデミアTHE MOVIE〜2人のヒーロー’. Beautiful animation with amazing fighti