Skip to main content

THE NUTCRACKER at The Smith Center

My sisters and I went to see The Nutcracker Ballet in the Reynolds Hall at The Smith Center.  The lounge was really nice and fancy.  My friend told me they sold Hot Chocolate, but unfortunately, I couldn't find itT^T.  Please click the Read More to read more about my experience and thoughts~

We sat in the Balcony in Row H, which is pretty high up.  We got slightly tired from walking up the stairs hehe~  Even though we were high up, we could see the stage which was cool.

In the beginning of the Ballet, it was difficult for me to figure out who Clara was, I switched her with the Older Sister.  In the play, I thought it was the Older Sister since she didn't get a gift while her siblings did, she kind of pulled herself away from the crowd as well.  Then I figured out who Clara was, she received the Nutcracker and her Older Sister asked her to show it their Grandpa.  Clara didn't want to, so the Older Sister, was being nice, and tried to take it from her sister to show it to Grandpa.  Unfortunately, the Grandpa and the Older sister accidentally drop the Nutcracker.  Now everyone was mad at the Older Sister! She was just being a nice granddaughter, but no, she got scolded.  I feel like Clara didn't really deserve to go through the adventure she went through.  I know she helps save the Nutcracker when fighting the Queen Rat, but still, it wasn't enough to redeem her for me.  Maybe I emphasize with the Older Sister since I am an older sister too hehe~
Overall, the ballet was really nice.  My sister wanted to go when there was a live orchestra was playing, which was amazing! The dance was nice and graceful, Clara's outfit flowed nicely with her ballet move.  It had its funny moments which I enjoyed.  There were two parts that scared me. One, a Rat brought out a Canon, I knew it was gonna go off so I covered my ears, but it was still loud and bright flash.  The second, at the end they do a loud boom as they shoot confetti out. So be aware that you'll be startled.  The Costume and Set design was incredibly beautiful, I enjoyed staring at the set, especially during the Winter scene~
The ballet started around 7:30ish pm and ended around 9:30ish pm.  The door opens around 6:30pm so you can enjoy the cozy lounge, find the Hot Chocolate, and take tons of pictures like me and my sisters did~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy' (2017)

A sequel to the beloved puzzle game, Professor Layton series, 'Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy' focuses on Professor Layton's daughter, Katrielle, as she starts her own detective agency to solve the mystery of the world, and to also find her lost father, Hershel Layton. It's been 3 years since the last Professor Layton game been released, not including the spin-offs. For more information of the Professor Layton game series please check out my post about it:  Professor Layton: Perfect Game Series for Puzzle Lovers For a short description, Layton series are well known for solving interesting puzzles and mysteries for gameplay. It's a fun game if you like puzzles or relaxing, but still interesting story lines.

'Incredibles 2' (2018)

Genre: Action and Adventure Director: Brad Bird Writers: Brad Bird Editor: Stephen Schaffer Music by: Michael Giacchino Rated: PG Roles are switched as Bob takes care of the kids while Helen works to make heroes legal again. --------------------------------------------------CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS--------------------------------------------------------

'My Hero Academia: Two Heroes/僕のヒーローアカデミアTHE MOVIE〜2人のヒーロー'(2018)

Genre: Animation, Action, & Comedy Director: Kenji Nagasaki Writers: (Manga) Kouhei Horikoshi, (Screenplay) Yousuke Kuroda Cinematography: Makoto Ikegami Editor: Kumiko Sakamoto Studios: Bones Rated: Not Rated (PG~PG-13)          All Might receives an invitation to an island called I-Expo, where an exhibit about Quirk Abilities and Hero Item gadgets. Of course, All Might bring Deku for the event and there, Deku meets All Might’s good friend and his daughter, Dave and Melissa. Before the opening day, villains hack the island under their control. With All Might in a pinch, Deku with the help of his classmates and Melissa work together to save the island and All Might. --------------------------------------------------CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS--------------------------------------------------------          Studio Bones did it with an amazing movie, ‘My Hero Academia: Two Heroes/僕のヒーローアカデミアTHE MOVIE〜2人のヒーロー’. Beautiful animation with amazing fighti